Thursday 31 January 2013

REVIEW | REVE DE MIEL & THIS WORKS TURBO BALM

Nuxe Reve de Miel - £9.50       This Works Turbo Balm - £10

The other day I was perusing the Space NK website with a bank full of student loan, and some accidental purchases were made... Two of these were the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm, and the This Works Turbo Balm.



 Firstly,  Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm has become a sensation within the blogging world, and I would have to agree! It is a thick textured balm that has a slightly medicinal honey smell to it. It goes on to the lips smoothly although it has a slight grit to it that can also be used to exfoliate. The finish of this balm is very matte, which would make it ideal to use underneath lipsticks. 

 I find this balm ideal to use at night, as it doesn't feel sticky or heavy so is perfect for slapping on and getting to sleep! When  you wake up, your lips are hydrated and softer than anything! I often suffer from chapped and extremely dry lips when it turns to the colder months, and whilst I have only had this for a few days I can officially declare this a holy grail product! 



 The Turbo Balm from This Works has a whole different feel to it, and I would say this would be put to better use when not used as a lip balm. This balm has a much smoother, thinner feel to it, and disappears when applied to the skin. This, in my opinion, would be perfect to throw into your handbag and use on those pesky dry patches that pop up when the weather gets colder.  I have found this to be a life saver for soothing the itching that comes with my dry skin. Due to its small size I think this would be a perfect on the go solution for anyone!

I  hope this helps anyone looking for a lip balm or all over balm, let me know if anyone else has found a 'holy grail' product for them! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love my Nuxe Reve du Miel, I think it smells a bit like chocolate orange personally :)
    Great post
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I see what you mean actually :) thankyou x

      Delete