Thursday 21 March 2013

WAKE ME UP!

This foundation has been raved about all over the blogosphere and as I had just ran out of my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I decided to give in and buy both the Rimmel Wake me up foundation and concealer.

IMG_1482
Foundation - £8.99 Concealer - £5.49

I have been using these two products for about 3-4 weeks now and I completely understand why everyone is obsessed with this foundation. It has a subtle shimmer running through it which really helps to create the awake and dewy look which is a look that I tend to go for more than the matte look. This is definitely a medium coverage foundation however it could be built up to become more full coverage which is great for when your having a bad skin day and a couple of those pesky spots have cropped up and you can really build it up to help conceal your blemishes. I will most definitely be re-buying this foundation when it runs out as I think it pretty much has everything I am looking for in a foundation!

IMG_1479IMG_1483
 After I have raved so much about the foundation I am now regrettably about to say how I found the concealer a little disappointing as it was not as full coverage as I would hope as it is quite a light concealer which makes  it not great for concealing blemishes, so I suppose I'll just stick to my Collection (previously known as Collection 2000) Lasting Perfection Concealer!





However, even though this concealer is not very good for concealing blemishes I do like to use it for under my eyes, which I have a feeling it may have originally been created for, as I find that it really helps to cover up dark circles. This is because it is quite a brightening concealer therefore it helps to counteract the darkness under my eyes. I wouldn't say that this is the best concealer that I've ever tried and I think that the Collection concealer is a lot more effective for blemishes but I will carry on using it for under my eyes as I think that it really helps. So even though I found the concealer quite disappointing I think that the foundation is well worth checking out!

What's your favourite concealer and foundation?

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, just came across your blog and it's really great. I love this post, i love that concealer! :)

    Now following you! :)

    I haven't blogged in ages and finally wrote a post today, would really appreciate it if you could check it out, thank you :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love the wake me up foundation and use it every day! But the concealer isn't available in australia funnily enough!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing my mum always uses this and I pinch some but find it very orange on my pale skin but it looks great on normal skin complexions :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That concealer sounds so disappointing! I am forever on the look out for the perfect high street concealer. I love the Collection lasting Perfection one, but the shades just aren't right and I'm sick of mixing light and medium to get a colour match! xx

    ReplyDelete