Sunday 24 February 2013

REVIEW | MAYBELLINE THE ROCKET VOLUM’ EXPRESS MASCARA

A couple of weeks ago the time had come for me to buy a new mascara after my beloved Maybelline The Falsies had run dry, so I decided to go with the hype and try Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express. Believe me this mascara is absolutely worth the hype I fell in love with it instantly!

IMG_0969
£7.99
Normally I don't like plastic brushes as they seem to generally not work as well as fibre brushes however with this mascara It does not seem to bother me as much as I feel like it gives just as good results as a fibre brush maybe even better! The only downside I have found with this brush is that it is quite fat which can make it difficult in getting the really small lashes but I barely notice it so I think if you can get over that fact then you will surely love this mascara as much as I do.

IMG_0971

The main thing that I look for in a mascara is volume that is my main priority, some go for length I personally prefer more volume than length on my lashes, this is why this mascara is perfect for me as you can see it gives a lot of volume and length (which is an added bonus!). I chose to get the waterproof version as for years now I have had the problem of my mascara literally melting off my eyelashes throughout the day which is tremendously annoying! For some crazy reason I never thought to try a waterproof mascara and now I have I am never going back, it stayed on all day and didn't smudge underneath my eyes.

IMG_1264 (2)
Without mascara
IMG_0988
With mascara





















What is your favourite mascara? I'd love to try some new ones!

29 comments:

  1. Great review,thank you:)
    You would like to know more about my exciting Secret Giveaway?Just click on this link:
    http://mykaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-secret-giveawayshhh.html
    Thank you:)
    xoxo Veselina from Bulgaria:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you have a lovely blog. This review is awesome and very informative ♥
    I'm also doing something similar with my blog,
    if you wanted to check it out:

    http://honey-beige.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try this mascara but it hasn't been released in my country yet! Love your blog! Followed :) x

    daniellereneex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review :) I still haven't found my all time favourite mascara as I'm always searching for and trying new ones. I'm currently using Natural Collection Waterguard mascara and it's surprisingly good for £1.99 and stays on all day ! xx

    http://bitsandbeautybobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll have to try that one out! :) Thankyou for the recommendation ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always searching for the perfect mascara but usually fall back on L'Oréal Collagene 24 mega volume as it's really quick and easy to apply! Diorshow is the perfect investment mascara though, it's £22ish but I couldn't live without it for nights out!


    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try out the Loreal mascara because I've heard so much about it :) ♥ x

      Delete
  7. wow it looks great after, great review x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love what it did to your lashes! xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou it's great for volumising them!! ♥

      Delete
  9. This sounds absolutely amazing! Great review, doll! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clinque's High Impact Extreme Volume mascara is amazing! This looks pretty good too, lovely review :)

    101studentbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try it out thanks for the recommendation :) ♥

      Delete
  11. oo wow the difference is huge, I love it!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo i really want to try this.

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Great review....I love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award:

    http://whatwouldaudreywear.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, really descriptive and helpful. I prefer volume too, Max Factor false effect is still my go to despite being a bit pricey!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is look amazing I have been reading so many positive blog posts about this mascara I am definatly getting this one next!

    Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing! Your eyelashes look incredible!


    Photo-Jenn-ic



    ReplyDelete
  17. That gives some crazy length and volume! I'm thinking of getting this mascara!

    New follower <3 I would love it if you would check out my blog!
    simplecharmbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a noticeable difference in the before and after photos--wow! I'm not big on mascaras, but might try this one!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete